Online registration will open after 4:00 pm on Monday, August 18, 2014.
Registration for the 2014-2015 Dance Season closes on October 30, 2014.
Click on the Registration tab (above) to download our full schedule and registration information.
To impart the knowledge and training of traditional and contemporary dance forms to foster a dance spirit that promotes personal growth, creativity, and teamwork within a caring and nuturing environment.
- The Fairport Dance Academy was started in 1972 by Cheryl Hill and her mother, Julia Lintala.
- The studio is located in Fairport Harbor, Ohio and draws students from all over Lake County.
- The Fairport Dance Academy has 3 studios to accomodate its almost 300 students, 2 of which have sprung dance floors.
- For the past 42 years, the Fairport Dance Academy has been growing steadily, increasing enrollment, teaching staff, and curriculum.
- Students are only required to purchase 1 costume for the annual recital, even if they are in more than 1 routine. They rent any additional costumes from the studio for a small fee that includes cleaning and alterations.
- The Annual Dance Recital is a carefully planned and orchestrated to produce a professional production. Students feel a great deal of pride and accomplishment at the end of each dance season.
- Students can earn community service hours by participating in programs that perform at local senior centers, nursing homes, and other community events.
- Dancewear and dance shoes are available for sale at the studio.