To impart the knowledge and training of traditional and contemporary dance forms to foster a dance spirit that promotes personal growth, creativity, and teamwork within a caring and nuturing environment.
- The Fairport Dance Academy was started in 1972 by Cheryl Hill and her mother, Julia Lintala.
- The studio is located in Fairport Harbor, Ohio and draws students from all over Lake County.
- The Fairport Dance Academy has 3 studios to accomodate its almost 300 students, 2 of which have sprung dance floors.
- For the past 42 years, the Fairport Dance Academy has been growing steadily, increasing enrollment, teaching staff, and curriculum.
- Students are only required to purchase 1 costume for the annual recital, even if they are in more than 1 routine. They rent any additional costumes from the studio for a small fee that includes cleaning and alterations.
- The Annual Dance Recital is a carefully planned and orchestrated to produce a professional production. Students feel a great deal of pride and accomplishment at the end of each dance season.
- Students can earn community service hours by participating in programs that perform at local senior centers, nursing homes, and other community events.
- Dancewear and dance shoes are available for sale at the studio.